Introduction to Bioinformatics in R
by Ivan G. Costa and Joseph Kuo
- Dates: 22.10 to 21.10.2018 (tentative)
- Time: 9:00-17:00
- Location: MTZ (Pauwelsstraße 19, 52074 Aachen) Seminar Room 3rd Floor, Corridor B
This block course is intended to introduce biomedical students to programming in R and to basic analysis of high throughput sequencing data. It will include a hands on section, where students will perform a basic pipeline for analysis of gene expression data. No previous knowledge in R is required.
In this course, you will learn:
- basics of R programing language
- basics of the bioinformatics package Bioconductor
- steps necessary for analysis of RNA-seq data
- visualization and statistics in R
Selection of Participants
Given the limited number of places (15), participants will be selected based on a motivation letter. More details to come.
Computers and Software
Participants should bring their own laptop and have R software pre-installed. Check here for installation details (to come).
- R. Gentleman, V. Carey, W. Huber, R. Irizarry, S. Dudoit (Eds.) Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using Rand Bioconductor, Springer, 2005.
- Pevzner, P., Shamir R., Bioinformatics for Biologist. Cambridge University Press 2011.